This is your chance to nominate the candidate you think should be honored with the Cycling Embassy of Denmark’s Leadership Award for Cycling Promotion 2017.
True to tradition, the CED will award an individual or an organization with our Leadership Award for Cycling Promotion at the Velo-city conference which takes place in Arnhem and Nijmegen, Netherlands, in June 2017.
In order to find the best candidates, we need your help to nominate the most dedicated and progressive cycling promoters in the world.
Who is eligible for the Award?
Winners of the Leadership Award for Cycling Promotion are not just avid cyclists. We are looking for someone who:
- Works professionally with cycle promotion
- Has done something extraordinary to push the cycle agenda in their city, country, or region
- Has vision, political courage, innovative ideas, and an ability to get things moving and people working together.
Send us an e-mail with your nomination and an explanation of why your nominee is the best candidate to win the award.
Please send your nomination to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than May 1, 2017.
Former award winners
- 2009: Mike Bloomberg, former mayor of New York City
- 2010: Roelof Wittink, The Dutch Cycling Embassy
- 2011: Lake Sagaris, Diudad Viva
- 2012: Randy Neufeld, SRAM Cycling Fund
- 2013: Hep Monatzeder, Mayor of Munich
- 2014: Tony Lo, Giants
- 2015: Christophe Najdovski, the Deputy Mayor of Paris for Transport
- 2016: Philippe Crist, the International Transport Forum at OECD