In just a few days the Velo-City Global conference of 2016 will take place. Each year this conference brings together the leading people within cycling infrastructure, culture, and technology and once again the embassy is strongly represented. This year’s conference will take place in Taiwan (read more here) a city which has put substantial effort into becoming very bicycle friendly.
Once again the Cycling Embassy of Denmark has cemented its position as one of the world’s leading groups on bicycle knowledge, as three members from the embassy has been specially invited as key speakers. In addition six members of the embassy host various workshops and events during the conference. These presentations will focus on various topics, but they all aim to share the knowledge and best-practice experiences from Denmark. You can see the entire programme of the Cycling Embassy of Denmark at the conference here.
The following members of the embassy take part in the conference:
Invited key note speakers:
- Klaus Bondam – CEO of the Danish Cyclists’ Federation.
- Morten Kabell – Mayor of Technical and Environmental Affairs in Copenhagen.
- Riccardo Marini – Director of Gehl Architects Denmark.
Other members speaking at the conference:
- Jens Peter Hansen – Member of the board of the Danish Cyclists’ Federation and member of the city council in Randers.
- Lars Moustgaard – consultant at the Danish Road Directorate.
- Lotte Bech – from Urban Cycling Planning.
- Marie Kåstrup – Bicycle Programme Manager at the municipality of Copenhagen.
- Niels Hoe – Founder of Hoe 360 Consulting.
- Thomas Højlt – Senior Executive Consultant at the municipality of Copenhagen.