- Tokyo By Bike: Toyota proposes 250,000km of bicycle lanes across Japan over 5 years
An official at Toyota Motor Corp. has presented proposals to the central and local governments to install 250,000 kilometers of cycling lanes across Japan over the next five years in a bid to reduce accidents involving cyclists.
- Cyclists decide day by day – Fietsberaad
Cycling commuters gaze at the sky and decide whether to cycle or not. What the weather was like the previous days is not important.
- First Gear. A Kid on a Bike is Independent and Healthy : TreeHugger
"Set a kid riding and you set them on a winning course for life: You help defeat childhood obesity and attention deficit disorders. You give them a chance to progress and even excel in a sport. And you develop healthy habits that last a lifetime."
- Streetfilms | MBA: Congestion Pricing
In the fifth chapter of "Moving Beyond the Automobile," we demystify the concept of congestion pricing in just five short minutes. Here you'll learn why putting a price on scarce road space makes economic sense and how it benefits many different modes of surface transportation.
- Why this new Bill will just drive cyclists off the road – News Analysis, Opinion – Belfasttelegraph.co.uk
Helmet legislation will not improve safety but better training and lower car speeds would, says Steven Patterson
- Tragedies of the commons: The world is his parking spot | The Economist
I HAVE to say, I almost feel bad for the New Yorker's John Cassidy, who is currently being skewered by much of the blogosphere for writing a profoundly wrongheaded blog post bashing New York City's bike lanes. But it really is a doozy of a misstep
Category: Press Cuttings from around the world