- Münchenierung: Calculating benefits of cycling
The Dutch Fietsersbond developed a simple tool to measure the personal and societal benefits of going by bike instead of by car.
- President gets bicycle for Christmas to meet his new year’s resolution – INQUIRER.net, Philippine News for Filipinos
President Aquino received a bicycle as a gift this Yuletide season, a source close to the Chief Executive told the Inquirer on Saturday.
- Cyclists get to take bikes on trains for free – National News, Frontpage – Independent.ie
Cyclists can take their bikes on weekend and off-peak DART and commuter train services free of charge after restrictions on taking bikes on to train services were lifted.
- Cycling corridors in city will soon be a reality – Bangalore Mirror,Bangalore Mirror
The city’s burgeoning cycling enthusiasts, school students and all those who commute by cycle have reason to cheer. The Directorate of Urban Land Transport (DULT) is in the final stage of setting up cycling corridors in the city. These designated cycle-friendly streets would have road signs that are specific to cyclists and would also have maps depicting cycle-friendly routes.
- NYer Of The Year: City Transportation Commissioner Changes Big Apple’s Streetscapes – NY1.com
Every year, NY1 tries to find one New Yorker whose actions have had a dramatic effect on the city. Whether you love her or hate her, it is certain that the New Yorker of the Year, Transportation Commissioner Janette Sadik-Khan, is changing the landscape of the Big Apple in a profound way. NY1's John Mancini filed the following report.
- Bike lanes get snowplowed while rest of New York is buried – NYPOST.com
It was a breeze getting through the snow from Columbus Circle to Times Square yesterday — all you needed was a bicycle.
Category: Press Cuttings from around the world