- Stricken bike scheme up for national award – National – NZ Herald News
A city bike scheme is up for a national business award – despite folding last week.
Nextbike has withdrawn its 170 hire bikes – on which the first 30 minutes of riding was free – after failing to cover costs from advertising.
- Dublin bike scheme set for tenfold expansion – The Irish Times – Fri, Nov 12, 2010
A TENFOLD expansion of the Dublin bike scheme from 500 to 5,000 bikes, which will be available to use from UCD to DCU, is planned by Dublin City Council.
- The Bike-sharing Blog: Nice Ride Minnesota Survey Results
Nice Ride's survey results were released today and the numbers are impressive. According to Nice Ride, there were 100,817 total trips taken within the first season's five months of operating. These trips were taken by 1,295 1-year members, 89 30-day members, and 29,077 taste-testers, or 24-hr members
- Los Angeles, by Bike and on a Budget – NYTimes.com
WHEN I told people I was visiting Los Angeles for a week without setting foot in a car, one word came up more than any other: “impossible.”
- Cyclists, After Ire of Entire East Side, Push for More Bike Lanes | The New York Observer
When the city put new dedicated bus lanes on First and Second avenues, they paired them with protected bike lanes, as well, albeit only from 14th Street south.
Category: Press Cuttings from around the world